Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL Crashing Excel

Anonymous
2024-01-04T17:06:22+00:00

This has been happening over and over again.... causing a considerable waste of valuable time:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.17029.20108, time stamp: 0x657123fc

Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x649f24f9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1a68

Faulting process id: 0x18fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01da3f2dcece709a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA7.1\VBE7.DLL

Report Id: 363bb56e-f4df-4eb0-9249-64123963d735

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Will Microsoft EVER fix this ?

Cheers,

Ed

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T16:07:41+00:00

    Hello Sola !!!

    Thank you very much for your first response and intention. You helped me and I thank you for that.

    I hope someone knowledgeable whishes to take a look at this.

    I really have a tight delivery schedule and need to find a way to continue developing VBA code safely and confidently.

    Cheers

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T02:48:38+00:00

    Hi again,

    I'm sorry I wasn't able to help, unfortunately, I do not have any more troubleshooting to offer, there are knowledgeable experts on the platform and I hope someone else will take a look at your issue.

    Thanks, Sola

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T21:56:07+00:00

    Hello Sola !!!

    I have done more checking and....

    1.- I don't have missing References

    2.- I don't have Syntax errors

    3.- I have discovered 2 more statements that were protected with "On Error Resume Next" and change the code to avoid causing "protected" errors. The "On Error Resume Next" was removed from those 2 statements.

    So far, executing my VBA code in Safe mode has allowed me to stay away from Excel crashing.

    Regarding the references I have, I am a little bit confused about how to check the versions of each of them.

    The references I have are the following:

    In the case of the first reference:

    a) The above window does not show the complete path of the location of the reference.

    b) I searched for "VBA7" on my Program Files folder and found that I hace 2 VBA7.1 folders; one for x86 (32bit) and another for x64 (64bit).

    c) My Microsoft 365 is

    64Bit as you can see about and I don't know how to check which VBA7 is being used. I am assuming it is the 64Bit one since Microsoft 365 is 64Bit.

    There are other references like Ole Automation,

    That, as you can see, the Location points to file stdole2.tlb that I found and there is no version informatio about it as you can see below....

    In summary I don't know how to precisely check the versions of my References.

    Could you please point me to or let me know how to do it ?

    My Microsoft 365 is updated to the latest version.

    I will continue testing my code trying to get rid of all or most "On Error Resume Next" protections and will return here to share more findings.

    Waiting for your kind response,

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T16:35:59+00:00

    Hello Sola !!!

    I would like to give an update of the checking and changing I have done, so far:

    1. Online repair of my Microsoft 365, Done
    2. Compile On Demand and Background Compile, Unchecked
    3. Break On All Errors, Checked

    I found one bug in my VBA code, I was trying to rename an inexistent Worksheet in the ActiveWorkbook with:

    On Error Resume Next

    sourceWorkbookTransacOC.Worksheets("TRANSACCIONES PCOCI").Name = "TRANSACCIONES OC"

    On Error GoTo 0

    I have changed it to:

    For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

    If ws.Name = "TRANSACCIONES PCOCI" Then 
    
        sourceWorkbookTransacOC.Worksheets("TRANSACCIONES PCOCI").Name = "TRANSACCIONES OC" 
    
    End If 
    

    Next ws

    I am opening and testing my VBA code with Excel in Safe Mode. So far, no crashes,

    Still testing and checking. Will comeback with more, today during the day.

    Thank you for your valuable Help !!!

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments