A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Yes !!! please let us know !!!
In the meantime, another Excel CRASH. Now 43 and counting.....
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This has been happening over and over again.... causing a considerable waste of valuable time:
Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.17029.20108, time stamp: 0x657123fc
Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x649f24f9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1a68
Faulting process id: 0x18fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01da3f2dcece709a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA7.1\VBE7.DLL
Report Id: 363bb56e-f4df-4eb0-9249-64123963d735
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Will Microsoft EVER fix this ?
Cheers,
Ed
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This issue still exists in build 17231.20194
A reddit thread mentions that build 16924.20180 does not have this issue. I will try reverting to the older office 365 build and reply here.
I would like to share this very nice graph showing Excel hangs almost daily.
This graph was produced by Windows Security and Maintenance/Reliability Monitor, in Control Panel.
Since I have been restricted by Microsoft to post in their Feedback website, I will continue sharing info about this never ending problem, ( Excel hang and crash) here.
Next is a list of the past 42 Excel CRASHES as recorded in Event Viewer:
As you can see, something is VERY WRONG with Excel.
Where else can I share this info to try to get MS's attention?
Cheers,
Ed
PS: I am not doing this for fun. I am working on a paid by customer project. This level of unreliability is UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!
If we are able to come up with a solution i will be happy to share for now we have written a small script run a repair and save on the files which lets them run for a day or two before they crash again. But thankfully none of our data gets messed up its just the vba compiler doesnt compile correctly and causes the crash from what i can see.
WOW !!!
It is very nice to read about the fact that MS will know directly from you that Excel is crashing. I hope MS looks at it and implements a solution. Could you please share with us whatever you can about this issue, meaning, non-confidential info?
When it comes to software issues, I know it is very difficult for a company like MS to commit to target dates and deliverables, etc.
But at least, to be able to know that they acknowledged the problem and will eventually develop a solution, would be nice to know.
Another person that responded to this issue here, suggested me to use the "MS feedback" website to post info about Excel crashing. I was able to post 5-6 crashes, and now I am unable to post again. Apparently MS blocked my UserId and/or email account.
I have access to the feedback site but cannot post.
Thank you for your response.
Best wishes,
Ed