A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
I just noticed a very similar crash. I may have some useful information here:
- I repeatedly tried the following thing over again:
I pressed Delete on an empty cell in my Excel work sheet, which has some VBA macro code behind it which I wrote. But it somehow resulted in an error and a question if I wanted to start debugging it. When clicking Yes to start the debugging, Excel immediately closed entirely. Obviously a crash. - Eventually, after several attempts, I decided to save my document first, then I reopened it, en the issue was suddenly completely resolved. No exception anymore, no prompt to start debugging, everything was fine again.
- Then I decided to check the Windows Eventlog, and I discovered the same error information as people reported here, with VBE7.DLL, error code 0xc0000005 (which means Access Violation), often meaning that something goes some direction in memory (wrong pointer in C/C++, out of bounds read, etc.). Whoops.
Often also a security issue. Maybe a good idea if they research this.
Extra info:
> The Excel document sits on a OneDrive location.