Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL Crashing Excel

Anonymous
2024-01-04T17:06:22+00:00

This has been happening over and over again.... causing a considerable waste of valuable time:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.17029.20108, time stamp: 0x657123fc

Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x649f24f9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1a68

Faulting process id: 0x18fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01da3f2dcece709a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA7.1\VBE7.DLL

Report Id: 363bb56e-f4df-4eb0-9249-64123963d735

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Will Microsoft EVER fix this ?

Cheers,

Ed

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T09:35:28+00:00

    I just noticed a very similar crash. I may have some useful information here:

    1. I repeatedly tried the following thing over again:
      I pressed Delete on an empty cell in my Excel work sheet, which has some VBA macro code behind it which I wrote. But it somehow resulted in an error and a question if I wanted to start debugging it. When clicking Yes to start the debugging, Excel immediately closed entirely. Obviously a crash.
    2. Eventually, after several attempts, I decided to save my document first, then I reopened it, en the issue was suddenly completely resolved. No exception anymore, no prompt to start debugging, everything was fine again.
    3. Then I decided to check the Windows Eventlog, and I discovered the same error information as people reported here, with VBE7.DLL, error code 0xc0000005 (which means Access Violation), often meaning that something goes some direction in memory (wrong pointer in C/C++, out of bounds read, etc.). Whoops.
      Often also a security issue. Maybe a good idea if they research this.

    Extra info:

    > The Excel document sits on a OneDrive location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T08:39:29+00:00

    Yes, in the version 2403 also VBE7.dll issue is not resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T18:09:58+00:00

    I can confirm it does not. I am on 2402 and still have regular crashes. The code compiles cleanly. I've found it has more to do with userforms/macros than macros.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T09:30:57+00:00

    according to users, version 2402 works correctly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T03:23:44+00:00

    Hello !!!

    So far, EXCEL = 69 CRASHES or HANGS, and counting !!!! MS will you ever fix this piece of JUNK?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments