Hello again !!!
Before I start doing all the checking, I would like to add the following.
a) This is NOT a permanent problem. This is NOT a problem that, as of now, can be replicated.
b) This problem is intermittent. I have not been able to find a pattern that causes the problem.
I have not one workbook with VBA code but about 10+ workbooks that have VBA code, each one performs different tasks, for example, add a customer, add a product, add a vendor, change customer info, change product info, change vendor info, etc....
The problem has been occurring randomly on any of the 10+ workbooks. I have followed, I guess, the best coding practices in terms of releasing each and every object variable, setting them to Nothing, before executing, Application.Quit. Every other workbook that is opened to accomplish a given task is properly closed with savechanges=:False before continuing with other statements.
I wish it was a permanent problem that could be replicated again, and again, and again, etc. But this is not the case.
Will come back later after checking all points suggested. Thanks,
Ed