Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T13:19:52+00:00

    Same here.

    Family Safety does not report usage time since 24 or 25 september (on Windows 10 Pro with latest updates).

    Also, the usage duration time I set is not applied anymore for my kids.

    It seems to be a large scale issue. Hopefully I saw this post before uninstalling everything ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T13:37:47+00:00

    Has been working fine for me until 26 September 2024. Screen Time just shows no usage after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T02:49:55+00:00

    I see the exact same behavior. Everything time-related works, but I have no visibility. Very frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T12:50:48+00:00

    sounds like this is a global issue.

    it needs fixing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T09:48:11+00:00

    Type "services" in the search and look for "parental control" and see if that is running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments