Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T22:23:25+00:00

    We're having the same issue here too, and have had this issue since the latest app update. Have even gone so far as to completely uninstall and reinstall the app in all devices and it has consistently not worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T22:25:40+00:00

    Is anyone else with the same issue blocked from selecting the "I have the same question" on the post?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T02:59:04+00:00

    None of the proposed solutions work.

    I'm using the android app to control Xbox and windows access. All platforms have all the latest updates installed

    What I do know is the following:

    • Between the app and the Xbox everything works fine.
    • Usage from windows is not reporting on the app
    • Extra time requests from windows are not visible on the app
    • Downtime changes on the app do not update windows downtime limits
    • Granting extra time via the app does not work for windows
    • Granting extra time via the email link in extra time requests does work in windows

    Bottom line is the app does not appear to be communicating with windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T10:52:09+00:00

    Ensure that the 'Parental Controls' service is configured to start automatically and verify that it is currently running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T19:09:22+00:00

    I am having the same problem as you all for the past few months and have gone thru the same steps. it is very frustrating. When it worked it was good. I wish they would fix it.

    I limit time now with my WiFi router, but it is much harder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments