Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T17:56:46+00:00

    I am facing the same issue. The app stopped reporting usage since today. Did you find a solution to this problem? Appreciate guidance. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T22:59:53+00:00

    Parental Controls service was disabled for me. Enable and started it and all is working now. Not sure if the kids figured out how to stop it or if it was an update but this fixed it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T16:57:40+00:00

    I am also having an issue with the screen time limits not working. They always worked fine with my 3 kids and their individual laptops, but recently we got a new 'gaming' PC and I created 'standard' user accounts for all the kids. Since doing this, I can see the new PC as being included in Family Safety setup, but the kids can routinely exceed their limits.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T19:09:22+00:00

    I am having the same problem as you all for the past few months and have gone thru the same steps. it is very frustrating. When it worked it was good. I wish they would fix it.

    I limit time now with my WiFi router, but it is much harder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T10:52:09+00:00

    Ensure that the 'Parental Controls' service is configured to start automatically and verify that it is currently running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments