Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:50:13+00:00

    Does anyone know how to raise this as a support ticket to Microsoft?

    I have been through the online chat support, and they could not suggest any fix.

    They told me posting here would raise a ticket: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/e0919d32-477c-ef11-a4e7-6045bdb238dc

    But this is just another public foruum.

    I want to raise a formal ticket...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:48:26+00:00

    I checked in Task Manager under Services, and when logged in as my son, see that "WpcMonSvc" is running. When looking in "Details" tab, it has UACvirtualisation disabled, but I assume that is right. So this doesn't seem to be the issue..?

    Also, I think this seems to be a server side issue with Family Safety, as the same issue has occurred for both my kids - screen time stopped logging in the Family Safety app/MS account last Wednesday. They use different devices, so it can't be a device issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:42:35+00:00

    I have tried all the measures suggested without any luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:01:37+00:00

    How do you do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:01:00+00:00

    Same here. All usage stopped appearing on Wednesday 25th Sep. Have pretty much the same issues as others describe here. Screen time function of Family Safety working but stuck at previously set limit, can be adjusted in Family Safety app and website, but no usage showing, so has no effect. Once locked, can be unlocked for extra time, but only via a request, not via adjusting the limits ahead of time. This is fundamentally broken functionality.

    Further up this thread people seem to have had success fixing some issues by checking the "Parental Controls Service" is running in Windows. Can anyone confirm how to check this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments