Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T13:38:27+00:00

    Would like to know who you emailed. I spent over an hour on support chat this morning. Got through to an "advanced" tech support. He did lots of umming and ahhhing, and agreed there is an issue. In the end, he advised us to both ensure our MS accounts are "fully verified" by going to https://account.live.com/reputationcheck. I have done this, but I don't think it will do anything - it just takes you to a page showing you account info, not sure it did anything.

    If in 24 hours it still is not working, he advised to post here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-the-feedback-hub-app-f59187f8-8739-22d6-ba93-f66612949332 with the case reference number he gave me. But he said that this just means it will be looked at internally, no timescale, no feedback.

    So frustrating that you can't raise a ticket to track, there is a major issue here, it needs fixing...

    Will keep this thread updated if I get any success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T11:49:23+00:00

    I've been on chat with a Microsoft representative this morning, and they have asked me to email familysafetyfeedback@microsoft.com with my concerns. The email I sent below,

    Hi there, I have a couple of major issues with the Family Safety app, a great shame because up until this point it worked great and I recommended it to several other parents.

    1. The filtering isn't working properly, In the Edge tab and the "Filter inappropriate websites and searches" button switched on, web surfing slows to a crawl. I've had to temporarily turn this off in order for the kids to resume searching the web without waiting, as I'm sure you'll agree this is far from ideal.
    2. Activity logging (web activity & search terms) for both my kids stopped working on Wednesday. Therefore I've no idea what they're searching for or what sites they've visited.

    Please advise ASAP.Kind regards,A concerned parent!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T10:38:05+00:00

    Same issue - suddenly as of Tuesday 24th September no screen time reported for my son laptop with Win 11. I am glad i found this discussion before spending hour trying to fix it! Microsoft - please focus on fixing this important issue asap!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T19:26:03+00:00

    Having the same issue. Cannot see any activity of my sons Win11 PC since Wednesday, even though he is using it.

    This is really **** and seems like a global problem for Microsoft, which may not even be aware, since nobody can report it....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T10:06:12+00:00

    Can confirm posting here does nothing. I follow four different issues on different Microsoft products. All threads going 6 months or more. No fixes from Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments