Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T21:04:50+00:00

    Today it started working again. It is now reporting usage as in the past. Hope its working for all of you as well.

    Guess Microsoft has fixed the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T21:02:47+00:00

    Today it started working again. It is now reporting usage as in the past. Hope its working for all of you as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T16:51:12+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion. I had previously gone into Task Manager and looked at Services and confirmed that WpcMonSvc was running. I have just done what you suggested, and can confirm that the Parental Controls item shows as running.

    I am pretty certain this is a server side issue from Microsoft. It has changed throughout this week - some past days that were previously showing zero usage are showing usage. And today, the app and Family Safety section of online account show that my son has used 27 minutes and 32 minutes respectively. In fact, he has used about 1h45m, and the computer itself knows that and has thrown the warning that he is close to the 2hr limit and it will lock soon.

    Absolutely hopeless, the system is broken, no proper way to report to Microsoft. I will be raising it as per the last chat I had, but I have zero confidence that this will do anything. Maybe at some point it will get fixed. Maybe not. Thanks Microsoft, shocking behaviour for such a key bit of software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T09:48:11+00:00

    Type "services" in the search and look for "parental control" and see if that is running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T12:50:48+00:00

    sounds like this is a global issue.

    it needs fixing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments