Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T07:30:13+00:00

    It looks that you all had a global issue. It worked for me well back then. But it does not work now, when it seems - it works for everybody else?

    App stopped reporting screen time on Friday and is still not working. I thought my kid did something but he was not using PC at all. All services are up. I always see that he is not using PC, even if he actually does.
    Was there any solution? Is anybody besides me experiencing this issue right now? If I'm alone, I really think that it is some account or PC issue and I want to know where and what should I check.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T16:53:39+00:00

    My issue is slightly different but curious if this is connected to everyone's problem.

    I am unable to set a screen time for anything but Xbox. All links within Family Safety (And the app) have become unavailable to setting screen time across devices.

    So while I can set screen time in the Xbox Family app, the options to do so in the Family Safety app have been hidden or removed.

    The web instructions:

    • Clicking this link takes you to the instructions of setting screen time.
    • In those instructions, it lists options for Xbox app (Works), Family Safety app (Is no longer an option), or online. The online option takes you to https://account.microsoft.com/family/home
    • Going there gives you a Screen Time button, clicking that takes you back to the original instructions.

    I'm in Screen Time doom loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T21:04:18+00:00

    Ok, I also see that time spent on the PC and it seems it is working, but I found the case when it is NOT working. I had 3 hours set for the day for my son, but I thought that only 1 hour is set. He logged in and played the game. After 50 minutes I rather checked the mobile app and found that there are 3 hours, so I immediately set it to 1 hour and expected that it will lock him the computer in 10 minutes. Nothing happened and my son used the PC for next 30 minutes. After he logged out then it didn't allowed him to back log in. This used to work before without a need to log out and log in again. I am glad it is partially working again, but Microsoft should fix everything!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T20:50:30+00:00

    Curious, what did you switch to?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T18:34:07+00:00

    it's working again for me as well, but I still switched. Not having any direct way to report a problem, and get a ticket to track is unacceptable - especially in light of the nature of this software. Being blind for more than a week was not acceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments