Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T07:30:13+00:00

    It looks that you all had a global issue. It worked for me well back then. But it does not work now, when it seems - it works for everybody else?

    App stopped reporting screen time on Friday and is still not working. I thought my kid did something but he was not using PC at all. All services are up. I always see that he is not using PC, even if he actually does.
    Was there any solution? Is anybody besides me experiencing this issue right now? If I'm alone, I really think that it is some account or PC issue and I want to know where and what should I check.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T09:48:11+00:00

    Type "services" in the search and look for "parental control" and see if that is running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T06:18:23+00:00

    FWIW we also have the same issue since the 25th. Have tried setting up new accounts and even that doesn't work.

    Definitely feels like something on the server side, pretty poor show that there is no notification about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T14:24:07+00:00

    It seems the moderators have removed the email address, presumably to stop it getting spammed by many concerned parents!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T13:38:27+00:00

    Would like to know who you emailed. I spent over an hour on support chat this morning. Got through to an "advanced" tech support. He did lots of umming and ahhhing, and agreed there is an issue. In the end, he advised us to both ensure our MS accounts are "fully verified" by going to https://account.live.com/reputationcheck. I have done this, but I don't think it will do anything - it just takes you to a page showing you account info, not sure it did anything.

    If in 24 hours it still is not working, he advised to post here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-the-feedback-hub-app-f59187f8-8739-22d6-ba93-f66612949332 with the case reference number he gave me. But he said that this just means it will be looked at internally, no timescale, no feedback.

    So frustrating that you can't raise a ticket to track, there is a major issue here, it needs fixing...

    Will keep this thread updated if I get any success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments