Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T13:19:52+00:00

    Same here.

    Family Safety does not report usage time since 24 or 25 september (on Windows 10 Pro with latest updates).

    Also, the usage duration time I set is not applied anymore for my kids.

    It seems to be a large scale issue. Hopefully I saw this post before uninstalling everything ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T10:38:05+00:00

    Same issue - suddenly as of Tuesday 24th September no screen time reported for my son laptop with Win 11. I am glad i found this discussion before spending hour trying to fix it! Microsoft - please focus on fixing this important issue asap!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:01:00+00:00

    Same here. All usage stopped appearing on Wednesday 25th Sep. Have pretty much the same issues as others describe here. Screen time function of Family Safety working but stuck at previously set limit, can be adjusted in Family Safety app and website, but no usage showing, so has no effect. Once locked, can be unlocked for extra time, but only via a request, not via adjusting the limits ahead of time. This is fundamentally broken functionality.

    Further up this thread people seem to have had success fixing some issues by checking the "Parental Controls Service" is running in Windows. Can anyone confirm how to check this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T16:57:40+00:00

    I am also having an issue with the screen time limits not working. They always worked fine with my 3 kids and their individual laptops, but recently we got a new 'gaming' PC and I created 'standard' user accounts for all the kids. Since doing this, I can see the new PC as being included in Family Safety setup, but the kids can routinely exceed their limits.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T01:04:13+00:00

    To find out, my kid had the pin to the admin account and used it to uncheck parental control in system configuration. I would check that setting. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments