A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Yes please. What I need is formula or process which I can apply and modify later on
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I'm struggling to produce an idea of how to return value and then run certain calculations.
In the example below, I have two columns. Time and numbers
To be more specific I would like to return values for each day, between 10:00:00 and 11:00:00
(the table below is an example of a few thousand data points that represent days)
| 10:50:00 | 2369.2 |
|---|---|
| 10:55:00 | 2368.3 |
| 11:00:00 | 2370 |
| 11:05:00 | 2369.2 |
| 11:10:00 | 2368.2 |
| 11:15:00 | 2370.9 |
| 11:20:00 | 2370.2 |
| 11:25:00 | 2366.3 |
| 11:30:00 | 2367 |
| 11:35:00 | 2367.8 |
| 11:40:00 | 2371 |
| 11:45:00 | 2368.7 |
| 11:50:00 | 2367.3 |
| 11:55:00 | 2374.2 |
| 12:00:00 | 2373.3 |
| 12:05:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:10:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:15:00 | 2364.4 |
| 12:20:00 | 2361.9 |
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Yes please. What I need is formula or process which I can apply and modify later on
I would like to know how to extract the data from defined by me time frame and next run calculations which I mentioned in automated way so I can drop it down for entire database (assuming I’ll get correct one) at this stage I don’t know how to do it other than manually
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
The linked-to file below is your data from your Book1.xlsx but with corrected dates/times.
It's a mess because it's work in progress (I put formulae I'm experimenting with in separate columns so that I can see where they might be going wrong, before trying to put them all together into as few formulae as possible (often only one formula ultimately)).
This is only the long trades.
In this sheet, the cell F1 (green) is an input cell for you to input the interval you want to explore (50 minutes at the moment). The sheet should recalculate (slowly-at the moment!; don't use 2 minutes - it takes ages to recalculate).
The results are showing in columns N:O at the first row of each interval. Very few positive results because most trades are thrown out on the first bar of the interval because the low is lower than the open.
I recommend putting calculation to manual to prevent repeated (slow) recalculations.
I've hidden columns H:M. These are single cell formulae which process all the rows.
The results in columns N:O are formulae in column N which spills one cell to the right, which go down the whole sheet.
The workbook: https://app.box.com/s/gj9x1psxrmmojnwf0eh0g8wf5z7ynhxb