A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Yes I understand. The question is, can you use for example one month of data to build the outcome I’m looking for?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I'm struggling to produce an idea of how to return value and then run certain calculations.
In the example below, I have two columns. Time and numbers
To be more specific I would like to return values for each day, between 10:00:00 and 11:00:00
(the table below is an example of a few thousand data points that represent days)
| 10:50:00 | 2369.2 |
|---|---|
| 10:55:00 | 2368.3 |
| 11:00:00 | 2370 |
| 11:05:00 | 2369.2 |
| 11:10:00 | 2368.2 |
| 11:15:00 | 2370.9 |
| 11:20:00 | 2370.2 |
| 11:25:00 | 2366.3 |
| 11:30:00 | 2367 |
| 11:35:00 | 2367.8 |
| 11:40:00 | 2371 |
| 11:45:00 | 2368.7 |
| 11:50:00 | 2367.3 |
| 11:55:00 | 2374.2 |
| 12:00:00 | 2373.3 |
| 12:05:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:10:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:15:00 | 2364.4 |
| 12:20:00 | 2361.9 |
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes I understand. The question is, can you use for example one month of data to build the outcome I’m looking for?
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
The data is displayed as OCHL.
Could you please use High and Low.
The time frame is irrelevant. As soon as I have the structure I would like to test different time frames. So for now if you could use 10:00-11:00 to extract the biggest move that would be great.
Or at least can you guide me how to do it ?
I have been able to correct the date/times on your Book.xls file.
Going long, if you buy at the open on the first row of an interval (50 minutes say), 87% of the (5 minute) bars have a low below the open (that's normal), so in those cases do you want to be out of the trade on the first bar (row)?