A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Here's a link https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnQVWPhytqkwga0XEZCPj794ncYN1w?e=xsmwe8
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I'm struggling to produce an idea of how to return value and then run certain calculations.
In the example below, I have two columns. Time and numbers
To be more specific I would like to return values for each day, between 10:00:00 and 11:00:00
(the table below is an example of a few thousand data points that represent days)
| 10:50:00 | 2369.2 |
|---|---|
| 10:55:00 | 2368.3 |
| 11:00:00 | 2370 |
| 11:05:00 | 2369.2 |
| 11:10:00 | 2368.2 |
| 11:15:00 | 2370.9 |
| 11:20:00 | 2370.2 |
| 11:25:00 | 2366.3 |
| 11:30:00 | 2367 |
| 11:35:00 | 2367.8 |
| 11:40:00 | 2371 |
| 11:45:00 | 2368.7 |
| 11:50:00 | 2367.3 |
| 11:55:00 | 2374.2 |
| 12:00:00 | 2373.3 |
| 12:05:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:10:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:15:00 | 2364.4 |
| 12:20:00 | 2361.9 |
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I apologize for not specifying my question accurately.
For the sake of example, I have changed the time intervals to 1 hour and the time range to 1–10 hours.
I also attached the calculations I would like for each time frame.
The whole purpose of this exercise is to return the highest value if the criteria from columns F and G are met for each period.
The final results are in columns K and L.
re:
only values that are greater than the top cell
I can get you something like this which is values greater than the top cell of each hour,
but did you really want to see only values greater than the topmost value of 2369.2? :
or perhaps this last in pivot form:
Attach a workbook with your realistic data in, and a few expected results, then you'll get a better answer and we won't need to guess (probably wrongly) the layout of your setup.
By the way, there is no day data in your data above!
Hi,
Based on the data that you have shared, show the exact result you are expecting.