A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Yes I understand. The question is, can you use for example one month of data to build the outcome I’m looking for?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I'm struggling to produce an idea of how to return value and then run certain calculations.
In the example below, I have two columns. Time and numbers
To be more specific I would like to return values for each day, between 10:00:00 and 11:00:00
(the table below is an example of a few thousand data points that represent days)
| 10:50:00 | 2369.2 |
|---|---|
| 10:55:00 | 2368.3 |
| 11:00:00 | 2370 |
| 11:05:00 | 2369.2 |
| 11:10:00 | 2368.2 |
| 11:15:00 | 2370.9 |
| 11:20:00 | 2370.2 |
| 11:25:00 | 2366.3 |
| 11:30:00 | 2367 |
| 11:35:00 | 2367.8 |
| 11:40:00 | 2371 |
| 11:45:00 | 2368.7 |
| 11:50:00 | 2367.3 |
| 11:55:00 | 2374.2 |
| 12:00:00 | 2373.3 |
| 12:05:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:10:00 | 2367.8 |
| 12:15:00 | 2364.4 |
| 12:20:00 | 2361.9 |
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes I understand. The question is, can you use for example one month of data to build the outcome I’m looking for?
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I think that the best way would be if you just pick one month and concentrate on that.
I can't understand why it's switches month
| 31/01/2024 23:55:00 |
|---|
| 02/01/2024 00:00 |
I appreciate that you have patience with me!
Well, I'm not a data analyst or programmer.
I don't do anything with data; I don't convert dates.
I've found a program that downloads data series from my broker, but it looks like there is some error in it. . For some unknown reason, for me, it's changing formatting from month to month.
Can we focus on peace of data, which is ok, ignoring the rest?
In the meantime, I'll try to figure out other sources of data or what the issue with the code is.
This data I've downloaded this morning.
Things get worse before they get better!
Dates are still wrong in column A, but I welcome that they contain time and date data in one cell.
If you are trying to convert text to dates yourself, well.. don't! (If you are pasting, paste into Text formatted cells.)
There are some gaps too; look around row 71958 to 71998.
A text file from TS (or whatever) is best.
Column B is formatted as time but they seem to be prices.
Can you confirm columns B:D are in the order: open. close, high, low?