Microsoft should be sued class action by users for copying and deleting all files from local computer without notifying the user!!

Anonymous
2024-01-24T04:14:53+00:00

Microsoft should be sue class action for copying and deleting all my files from my computer and moving it OneDrive cloud space without letting the user know...to get more money and subscription, MS has moved all my files onto Cloud and deleted from my C: drive!

This is done without the users permission or letting the user know of deleting files from the local drive.

I can understand if it copies to OneDrive location on the CLOUD.

NOw it has also made multiple copies and when I want a file I connot find it even!

What MS has done is by virtue of owning the desktop, they are forcing people to use OneDrive and moving files and filling it up on OneDrive so Microsoft can charge more money for cloud space when I did not want to remove it from my local hard drive and keep it on the cloud to begin with.

Now I had too many directories under Documents, they are saying I will have to copy one by one; that too create a zip for each directory and restore it....no easy way back from MS Cloud OneDrive back to the local hard drive.

This is unacceptable and created headaches for many users!!

Now I have to put in a lot of hours to reconstuct my files...

-JP

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more