Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T20:14:29+00:00

    I have heard this problem from a few different people over the past month. Some were fixed by simply updating publisher or by repairing the 365 app, but not all.

    Something worth trying is disconnecting OneDrive from your publisher account/all 365 apps. (assuming you do not use it)

    To do so in Publisher: Go to File > Account > Account Privacy: Manage Settings -> Scroll down and turn off/uncheck the "Connected Experiences." Then click OK. Restart publisher and see if it works.

    If you still haven't been able to find something that has worked for you, you can try this workaround:

    Select the View tab at the top > Check the Graphics Manager box > select a picture under the graphics manager bar that you want to replace (checking the Show thumbnail box may make finding the picture easier) > use the dropdown menu on the selected picture to "replace this picture".

    Hopefully this is helpful to some.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T15:45:09+00:00

    This is the solution! Thank you for posting this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T17:42:40+00:00

    YES! That worked ... but only after I unchecked ALL CONNECTED EXPERIENCE as well.

    And once it worked in this document, I checked on all the others I had and it had unchecked those in them as well.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T20:54:27+00:00

    Disabling the "Experiences that download online content" within "Connected experiences" worked for me, Thank you! When I replace a picture now, it shows a message with a button to work offline and when I click this, I can select the new image.

    I do not recommend performing the Repair online except as a last resort. This was the first method I tried and it did not fix the HTTP Error 400 code. Not only does it take a while to redownload Office and install, it also asked me to re-enter my office key for product activation. So make sure to have your Office Key ready if you intend trying the Repair Online method, unless its linked to your Microsoft or corporate account. Clearing the webview2 folder did not fix the issue either, but again thanks for the suggestion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T16:22:51+00:00

    How did you remove the account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments