Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T14:56:01+00:00

    I keep trying to do this but I get a "folder in use" popup. Any suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T15:28:05+00:00

    This worked! I had a previous email address as one of the connected services. I removed it and replacing pictures works again! Thank you so much for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T08:09:14+00:00

    When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
    "Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
    If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
    I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
    Help please?

    I finally found a real solution:

    1. Close all Office applications including Publisher \ Edge \ Teams \ Outlook etc.

    Go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ folder.

    1. Remove Wef\webview2 Folder.
    2. Remove mspub.exe_Rules.xml file
    3. Remove mspub.exe_Rules folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T19:11:07+00:00

    David - thank you for your response and help. I am still stuck with this issue despite trying the suggestions you offer. What happens to me: I go to the Install/Illustrations/Picture menu and select the image I want. This goes without a hitch. However, once I attempt to change the image location on the document or try to reshape it, I keep getting the 400 error. I am not attempting to bring in an image residing online or attempting to download from One Drive. All I' m trying to do is to bring in an image that resides on the hard drive. The only way that I can sometimes work around this message is to shut off the WiFi. Then sometimes, the system will ask if I want to use my own image that already resides on the drive. Otherwise, every time the error message continues to pop up making it impossible to edit the document. Do you have any ideas? This is making me a bit nuts because it keeps me from completing a project. Thanks for any insight.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T13:32:30+00:00

    Look at this thread for a discussion of workarounds:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ms-publisher-change-photo-option-doesnt-work/3099ba72-8d1e-4299-932f-0f8c86d5b5cb

    I would also suggest that you consider the approach taken by Foseburg Marcus above and/or Computerguy404. These fixes workaround Publisher trying to make an web connection and choking Publisher.

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments