Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T13:10:50+00:00

    I am having this exact same problem, and I, too, am exasperated by this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T13:16:33+00:00

    Exact same thing here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T13:01:14+00:00

    No resolution yet? I am having the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T21:50:20+00:00

    I know that this doesnt fix the issue, but if I drug and dropped the photo into Microsoft Publisher (rather than adding the photo through the program) then the error didn't occur. Not really a solution, but a alright work-around!

    Thanks Justyn, that worked. I've updated Office and run a quick repair but neither worked this week (did work last week)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T23:34:01+00:00

    Try this:

    1, Hit windows key and R at the same time for the "run" box to pop up.

    1. copy and paste the following to the run box %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef

    (or browse to c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\appdata\local\microsoft\office\16.0\WEF)

    1. Delete the webview2 folder

    This will clear the cache for the embedded webbrowser that office talks to the web with.

    It worked for a similar issue for me today. I used process monitor to figure out that office was calling the microsoft webview2 control and the location of the user-data folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments