Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T00:14:14+00:00

    The fix is simple:

    Go to programs, installed apps, choose microsoft 365- en-us click on the dots to the right and click modify. Choose repair online.

    I was so frustrated going throgh forms in the community and calling on the phone. I decided to try this and it works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T01:15:18+00:00

    The fix is simple:

    Go to programs, installed apps, choose microsoft 365- en-us click on the dots to the right and click modify. Choose repair online.

    I was so frustrated going throgh forms in the community and calling on the phone. I decided to try this and it works!

    Thanks Terri - I did try that and it didn't work for me. I found away around it, but it takes a little longer which is pain. I'll keep exploring options. Appreciate your feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T19:37:49+00:00

    I know that this doesnt fix the issue, but if I drug and dropped the photo into Microsoft Publisher (rather than adding the photo through the program) then the error didn't occur. Not really a solution, but a alright work-around!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T13:44:24+00:00

    The same issue just started happening to me... I find if I turn off the internet then insert the image from my hard drive (bypassing onedrive) into the picture place holder it then works!

    There is never a simple solution...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T14:11:49+00:00

    Thanks - I'll give that a try. Definitely never a simple solution.

    Joanne

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments