Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-03T18:58:34+00:00

    This just started happening with me too. I am trying to insert pictures from a local drive onto a template that already is sized and positioned for where the photos should be. Inserting photos manually and then cropping, resizing, and positioning them accurately is time consuming and disrupts workflow. Please offer a solution, I am not trying to add photos from an online source.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T18:19:28+00:00

    I am having the same issue while I try to change out pictures from a document that we use every week as a template. This has never been an issue before, but now it won't let me replace my internal drive photos from week to week. It's exasperating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T18:37:52+00:00

    I had to contact MS ech support twice on this one.

    The first time the technician had me uninstall & reinstall MS Office 365 - - - which did not resolve the problem.

    The second time 2/26/24 a different technician did an Office &/or Publisher update and the problem with Publisher [error code 400] was resolved.

    So, my recommendation is to get through to MS tech support to a technician & make the second recommendation to them. Or you can try it on your own first.

    -George

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-16T16:38:27+00:00

    I had to contact MS ech support twice on this one.

    The first time the technician had me uninstall & reinstall MS Office 365 - - - which did not resolve the problem.

    The second time 2/26/24 a different technician did an Office &/or Publisher update and the problem with Publisher [error code 400] was resolved.

    So, my recommendation is to get through to MS tech support to a technician & make the second recommendation to them. Or you can try it on your own first.

    -George

    Going to try this! Most helpful response so far. Thx!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T11:18:50+00:00

    The error is related to your connected services. It is trying to connect to them to let you choose either local file or onedrive files.

    I had the same problem. Removed (an unauthenticated) personal onedrive account and kept only the business related onedrive/sharepoint services.
    That solved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments