A desktop publishing application from Microsoft that focuses on page layout and graphic design.
I am having this exact same problem, and I, too, am exasperated by this!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?
A desktop publishing application from Microsoft that focuses on page layout and graphic design.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having this exact same problem, and I, too, am exasperated by this!
Thanks - I'll give that a try. Definitely never a simple solution.
Joanne
The same issue just started happening to me... I find if I turn off the internet then insert the image from my hard drive (bypassing onedrive) into the picture place holder it then works!
There is never a simple solution...
I know that this doesnt fix the issue, but if I drug and dropped the photo into Microsoft Publisher (rather than adding the photo through the program) then the error didn't occur. Not really a solution, but a alright work-around!
The fix is simple:
Go to programs, installed apps, choose microsoft 365- en-us click on the dots to the right and click modify. Choose repair online.
I was so frustrated going throgh forms in the community and calling on the phone. I decided to try this and it works!
Thanks Terri - I did try that and it didn't work for me. I found away around it, but it takes a little longer which is pain. I'll keep exploring options. Appreciate your feedback.