Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T14:56:01+00:00

    I keep trying to do this but I get a "folder in use" popup. Any suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T14:49:07+00:00

    Hi Andrea,

    I am jealous!

    I appreciate the reply and I will definitely give this a try!

    Keeping my fingers crossed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T14:39:45+00:00

    I was experiencing the same issue. I do a lot of mailings for real estate agents and find it time-consuming not being able to swap the photos out anymore. After reading everyone's responses, I just tried to update Office 365, with my last resort being to talk with tech support. The update itself did nothing (File -> Account -> Update Options (on the right side of screen) -> Update Now). However, on one of my templates, I clicked "Compress Pictures" ONCE on ONE template/file and now "Change Picture" is working on every single template/file I've created. I'd say it's worth a shot since it worked for me. I have no clue if the update had anything to do with that, but these were just the steps I took. But it's working for me now :) Hooray!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T12:29:41+00:00

    First MS tech told me to uninstall & reinstall Publisher - - - which did nothing.

    Second MS tech actually went into my computer, probably checked &/or deleted some files and then updated Publisher. That worked.

    So, although you could try both, I'd strongly recommend getting MS tech support to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T07:53:15+00:00

    I am experiencing the same problem :( USer from Philippines here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments