Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T13:44:24+00:00

    The same issue just started happening to me... I find if I turn off the internet then insert the image from my hard drive (bypassing onedrive) into the picture place holder it then works!

    There is never a simple solution...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T11:18:50+00:00

    The error is related to your connected services. It is trying to connect to them to let you choose either local file or onedrive files.

    I had the same problem. Removed (an unauthenticated) personal onedrive account and kept only the business related onedrive/sharepoint services.
    That solved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T00:12:26+00:00

    The fix is simple:

    Go to programs, installed apps, choose microsoft 365- en-us click on the dots to the right and click modify. Choose repair online.

    I was so frustrated going throgh forms in the community and calling on the phone. I decided to try this and it works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T22:08:18+00:00

    I have had Publisher for a number of years now and never have had a problem with adding or changing pictures. I now continually get this message:


    HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

    I've tried several avenues that was suggested by Microsoft and it's not working. Very frustrated as I frequently use this program to do up posts of animals for my local Humane Society and am currently at a standstill.

    Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-16T16:38:27+00:00

    I had to contact MS ech support twice on this one.

    The first time the technician had me uninstall & reinstall MS Office 365 - - - which did not resolve the problem.

    The second time 2/26/24 a different technician did an Office &/or Publisher update and the problem with Publisher [error code 400] was resolved.

    So, my recommendation is to get through to MS tech support to a technician & make the second recommendation to them. Or you can try it on your own first.

    -George

    Going to try this! Most helpful response so far. Thx!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments