A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I am having the same issue. How do we fix this problem?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to add pictures to define a new bullet it shows "Bad Request - Request too long / HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long."
It doesn't matter if I do it from the bullet button in the ribbon, or defining a new list style. I don't have that problem when adding a regular picture or even icons.
I've tried:
I'm on Windows 11, using the desktop app. I was using MS Word version 2312 (Build 17126.20132), and just before writing this post I checked for updates again (I had already tried a few days back with no success) and it actually updated to Version 2401 (Build 17231.20084). I opened Word the Bad Request didn't appear. I opened a new file and tried again and the message came up again!
I hope I gave enough information!
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having the same issue. How do we fix this problem?
Same problem here....having to import custom image bullets as pictures one at a time....annoying.
+1 I have the same issue and tested exactly the sam
Well, yesterday it was working. Today it went to the "bad request" message again. I really thought it was fixed, I don't know what's going on.
+1 I have the same issue and tested exactly the sam
Great! Thanks for reporting back!