you need to sign in with an account associated with a subscription

Anonymous
2023-07-10T23:46:36+00:00

"you need to sign in with an account associated with a subscription to use these data types"

I am signed in. How to fix this issue?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T17:32:03+00:00

    I have both a business and personal subscription to Office 365. Since I use my machine primarily for personal use, I have the default account set to that. When I got this message, I switched to the business account and it worked fine. I assume, then, that this is a licensing issue related to personal accounts.

    Did Microsoft make a licensing change or is this a configuration issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T17:53:15+00:00

    Since Microsoft announced "a new round of job cuts internally yesterday morning (Monday), impacting an unknown number of employees in customer service, support, and sales," I guess we now know where the cuts were made. This issue was probably escalated to someone who got cut or is getting cut, and there's nobody left who knows how to fix this!

    Or maybe it is retaliation for being cut!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T18:21:46+00:00

    Same issue just started for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T20:12:30+00:00

    I have both a desktop and laptop, both using same 365 license. Is not working at all on desktop, is working fine on laptop!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T21:59:11+00:00

    Is finally working properly again for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments