you need to sign in with an account associated with a subscription

Anonymous
2023-07-10T23:46:36+00:00

"you need to sign in with an account associated with a subscription to use these data types"

I am signed in. How to fix this issue?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T17:32:03+00:00

    I have both a business and personal subscription to Office 365. Since I use my machine primarily for personal use, I have the default account set to that. When I got this message, I switched to the business account and it worked fine. I assume, then, that this is a licensing issue related to personal accounts.

    Did Microsoft make a licensing change or is this a configuration issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T16:14:06+00:00

    It happened shortly before the market close (4:00pm EDT) on Monday, July 10, 2023

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T16:10:23+00:00

    I contacted Microsoft about this yesterday.

    A rep took control of my screen, but was unsuccessful finding the issue.

    I was passed on to an Excel Tech person and that person admitted that Microsoft was doing some work to the back end and did not have an ETA for resolution.

    I was hoping it would be resolved this morning, but it is not...
    Good luck everyone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T15:55:37+00:00

    I have the same issue, and it persists when I open my workbook file via OneDrive on the web. I've had similar issues a few times in the past. This is the longest outage I can recall in the past couple of years, but I seem to recall one that lasted a few days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T15:39:53+00:00

    Same problem on desktop version, web version tells me I have exceeded my number requests for now. Wait and try again later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments