Left and right margins not aligned to the displayed text

Anonymous
2023-10-08T16:32:16+00:00

The left and right margins/indents are correctly displayed. I expect that the text should get aligned to these. But, it is shifted towards right.

The file uses "mirror margin." The text on alternate pages are aligned correctly.

Actually, the horizontal ruler is fixed at its place. It should move left and right on alternate pages. This is not happening. Which setting is incorrect?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T11:37:32+00:00

    Looks like a recent update has done this. Till about 10 days back, there was no such issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-12T11:44:26+00:00

    Andrew,

    This has been reported (see previous messages in this thread). That being said, you should still report it from within your Word installation. Use File > Feedback (in Word for Windows).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T11:57:39+00:00

    I have already reported. All other people following this thread are also requested to report.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T07:22:21+00:00

    Following the suggestion that the bug may have originated from a recent update, I reset my laptop to an earlier time and it worked, the bug disappeared and Word is back to normal. I reset for 8 days earlier, going back to the most recent reset time didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T07:32:57+00:00

    So, you proved that it is indeed a bug.

    I tried to do the same, but my laptop did not show a restore point. It, perhaps, requires some specific setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments