Left and right margins not aligned to the displayed text

Anonymous
2023-10-08T16:32:16+00:00

The left and right margins/indents are correctly displayed. I expect that the text should get aligned to these. But, it is shifted towards right.

The file uses "mirror margin." The text on alternate pages are aligned correctly.

Actually, the horizontal ruler is fixed at its place. It should move left and right on alternate pages. This is not happening. Which setting is incorrect?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Charles Kenyon 171.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-11T09:46:43+00:00

    Is there a way to find out if they have taken any action on the submitted feedback?

    In the Feedback Portal they will sometimes acknowledge it and give a link to a page describing changes.

    Do not expect them to contact you directly and often nothing is posted which does not have any meaning as far as whether or not something was fixed as far as I know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-11T09:50:47+00:00

    I have also sent a message to the Office team at Microsoft. I will post back with any updates I receive.

    I have received a message stating that Microsoft is investigating this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T10:04:02+00:00

    Same issue or a different one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-11T11:25:46+00:00

    I am referring to the issue that you reported, which is the same issue that was later reproduced by Charles and by me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T10:43:21+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue as SK Sinha, it came from nowhere yesterday and now affects all Word 365 documents on my computer set up for mirror margins. On alternate pages of a document the ruler and text do not align (ruler offset to left at the same position as on the first page) and nothing I do changes it. For me, that is serious, as a writer I format documents for printing into books. I have reinstalled Office twice with no effect.

    Andrew Swift

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments