Left and right margins not aligned to the displayed text

Anonymous
2023-10-08T16:32:16+00:00

The left and right margins/indents are correctly displayed. I expect that the text should get aligned to these. But, it is shifted towards right.

The file uses "mirror margin." The text on alternate pages are aligned correctly.

Actually, the horizontal ruler is fixed at its place. It should move left and right on alternate pages. This is not happening. Which setting is incorrect?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T18:19:43+00:00

    The same file was working correctly till some time back. It is a recent issue.

    I am using Word 2016. Authorized version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-10-08T18:05:51+00:00

    I believe this is a known issue with certain versions of Word. Check that your version is updated. I would also recommend that you send feedback via File > Feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T16:55:35+00:00

    The placement of the text is correct on all pages.

    It is the horizontal ruler which does not adjust its position on odd and even pages. It is always at the same position.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments