A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
This indeed is the case. All odd pages show incorrect position of the horizontal ruler
As I said earlier, this was fine till some time back.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The left and right margins/indents are correctly displayed. I expect that the text should get aligned to these. But, it is shifted towards right.
The file uses "mirror margin." The text on alternate pages are aligned correctly.
Actually, the horizontal ruler is fixed at its place. It should move left and right on alternate pages. This is not happening. Which setting is incorrect?
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This indeed is the case. All odd pages show incorrect position of the horizontal ruler
As I said earlier, this was fine till some time back.
This bug with the ruler only affects documents with mirror margins and only the first page of each section.
If you are seeing something beyond that, for example, that the margins for all left hand pages are shown incorrectly on the ruler, maybe it is a new issue with Word 2016.
I just updated Windows. No effect.
But, there was no such problem till some time back.
Is there some update available for word 2016?
Indeed, but it doesn't under the circumstances I listed in my previous reply.
That is why it is fair to refer to the behavior as a bug.