ClipChamp available for A5 Educational licence

Anonymous
2023-10-27T11:05:00+00:00

With the removal of Video Editor on Windows 10, we thought we could use Clipchamp.

But even with the announcement of Clipchamp for business we can't get access with a A5 licence.

Will Clipchamp be included in Educational licences soon?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Clipchamp | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-05-08T06:28:45+00:00

Hello everyone - thanks so much for commenting here and on other sites such as the Clipchamp feedback portal. It certainly helps us respond and prioritise our work.

Today I can share another update, we have an EDU launch announcement for Clipchamp coming to A3 & A5 SKUs (students and staff) - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/education-blog/what-s-new-in-microsoft-edu-may-2024/ba-p/4132818 

We're preparing further information that we'll make available on the Microsoft 365 roadmap and in the message center for your M365 admins soon.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T12:44:12+00:00

    I have tried all of these things and waited overnight. Still nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T19:23:20+00:00

    When I tried again about 10 minutes later, this process did work and I can now use Clipchamp!

    In addition to waiting, I clicked on the link in step 2, so I am not sure if the waiting or the clicking on the link or both are necessary to activate it.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T18:59:49+00:00

    Hello Cory, thanks for the update. A couple of questions.

    I do see ClipChamp in the Apps section of the M365 Admin > Users > Active Users > click on a user

    page as shown below. Along with the other 91 implied licenses. But I don't see it in the upper section of this page, which is named Licenses.

    In that Apps section Microsoft ClipChamp is activated and shown to be a part of Microsoft 365 A5 for faculty. As shown below.

    I unchecked this, saved, then checked this, and saved.

    Is that the process you are describing?

    Do I need to wait a bit? My first attempt still results in the no access page/graphic when I try to create a new blank video.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T18:17:50+00:00

    For anyone still having issues, disable and re-enable Clipchamp on your A3/A5 licenses (we have group licensing enabled). I followed Tobi's instructions for launching Clipchamp and Stream to "initialize" my seat, but after four days nothing had changed. Once we flipped Clipchamp off and back on as recommended in Tobi's latest reply (#3 below), the app in the browser and desktop both started working.

    I don't see Tobi's reply as I see it in my email digest, so I'll copy/paste here:

    Hello,

    If you can see the Clipchamp app in your account but the editor doesn't load yet or you're getting an "unavailable" message when you click a link to launch it, please try one of the following options to gain access:

    1. In Edge or Chrome, visit office.com/launch/clipchamp and create a blank project, this can lead to the message "Clipchamp is not available to you" but behind the scenes, assigning a Clipchamp seat to your user is triggered.
    2. In Edge or Chrome, visit office.com/launch/stream and watch any video (also mentioned in this post). This triggers the same Clipchamp assignment for your user.
    3. Your Microsoft 365 administrator can disable and then re-enable the Microsoft Clipchamp app for your user in the Microsoft 365 admin console.

    For all three methods, after some time (up to 4 hours) access should start working. In addition to the above, please also try to log out of your Microsoft work or school account on the computer where you'd like to start using Clipchamp, then log back in. This can help to load the correct app and access permissions for your user behind the scenes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments