losing formatting when copying from Excel Web

Anonymous
2023-07-04T01:37:03+00:00

I am on Windows 10 and have tried this on both Chrome and Edge.

I have certain shared Excel files that I access through Excel Web. Prior to today, I could copy/paste the data from Excel Web to Outlook Desktop and it would keep the source formatting (both text and table design).

Now, it is pasting as a table but without any text formatting or table design. I am losing all the formatting when I:

  • copy from Excel Web in Chrome to Outlook Desktop
  • copy from Excel Web in Edge to Outlook Desktop
  • copy from Excel Web in Chrome to Outlook Web in Chrome
  • copy from Excel Web in Chrome to Excel Web in Edge (or the reverse)

The only instance when it retains the formatting is when I am copying from Excel Web to Excel Web in the same browser (either Chrome or Edge).

*Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office/Excel/Unknown/Windows*

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T14:29:40+00:00

    Having same issue as of July 5.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T14:59:16+00:00

    SAME ISSUE

    This is an invaluable feature to share work within organizations. If formatting is lost then data does not line up in the pasted email, rendering spreadsheets useless.

    WE NEED A FIX TO THIS IMMEDIATELY!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T15:43:05+00:00

    Adding to the thread - also experiencing this issue. It seems to boil down to using the "copy" function in excelweb. It works fine in the desktop version and keeps all formatting there. Does not copy any formatting from web software, please undo whatever change you did!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T15:48:04+00:00

    I subscribed to this so I can get updates. This is so annoying because we use this feature all the time at my job!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-06T15:58:54+00:00

    Hello,

    This issue is now resolved in Europe. I've refreshed the page of a spreadsheet and attempted to copy paste again and it's now working.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments