A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Same issue here across our entire organization. This change needs to be reverted ASAP.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am on Windows 10 and have tried this on both Chrome and Edge.
I have certain shared Excel files that I access through Excel Web. Prior to today, I could copy/paste the data from Excel Web to Outlook Desktop and it would keep the source formatting (both text and table design).
Now, it is pasting as a table but without any text formatting or table design. I am losing all the formatting when I:
The only instance when it retains the formatting is when I am copying from Excel Web to Excel Web in the same browser (either Chrome or Edge).
*Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office/Excel/Unknown/Windows*
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same issue here across our entire organization. This change needs to be reverted ASAP.
I am having the same issue as well. When coping from excel to outlook the format/border does not transfer over. Only the wording. Is there way to fix this. Is this an issue with all users? Are you working on fixing this issue?
Please assist.
SAme issue here. Unfortunately this issue makes it so my spreadsheets are unusable and all need to be recalibrated just to work. Can we at least get confirmation that this issue is being handled?
I am Nick, we are having the same exact problem as described above. Last week all was fine. This week the sheets have to be opened in the app, not the browser, to copy and retain the formatting.
FYI I just checked, and this issue seems to be isolated to Excel.
I tried copying a formatted table from Word Online and it pasted into outlook just fine.