A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Hi there, throwing our hat in the ring... same issue here on our end as of this morning July 5th. Effects all users within our tenant.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am on Windows 10 and have tried this on both Chrome and Edge.
I have certain shared Excel files that I access through Excel Web. Prior to today, I could copy/paste the data from Excel Web to Outlook Desktop and it would keep the source formatting (both text and table design).
Now, it is pasting as a table but without any text formatting or table design. I am losing all the formatting when I:
The only instance when it retains the formatting is when I am copying from Excel Web to Excel Web in the same browser (either Chrome or Edge).
*Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office/Excel/Unknown/Windows*
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi there, throwing our hat in the ring... same issue here on our end as of this morning July 5th. Effects all users within our tenant.
We are seeing the same issue
Hello S15IS and Everyone,
It seems that you have a problem related to copying data from Excel Online or SharePoint and transfer or paste to Outlook desktop (Microsoft Teams) issue. As our forum mainly focuses on the consumer support Office Products and Outlook.com, to make sure that you can get a more professional help, we will be moving your post to the correct forum: Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows.
If anyone here is not using Commercial Office products like SharePoint or Microsoft 365 Enterprise and encountering this issue, please create a new thread for us to assist you with your concern.
For everyone that is using Commercial Office products, kindly expect 1-2 business days for them to respond.
We highly appreciate your cooperation and understanding! We thank you for your time and participation in the community! Have a good day!
Sincerely,
Kathy A.
Consumer M365 Forum Moderator
Microsoft Community
Unless I am misunderstanding, the office.com web apps associated with my personal outlook.com email address are separate from the Microsoft 365 Enterprise apps installed for work.
I am not having an issue copying/pasting from Excel Desktop to other Desktop/Web apps - the issue is copying/pasting from Excel Web to almost everything else.
I have tried this through my work account (Microsoft 365 Enterprise) and my personal outlook.com account (I have not purchased Microsoft 365).