losing formatting when copying from Excel Web

Anonymous
2023-07-04T01:37:03+00:00

I am on Windows 10 and have tried this on both Chrome and Edge.

I have certain shared Excel files that I access through Excel Web. Prior to today, I could copy/paste the data from Excel Web to Outlook Desktop and it would keep the source formatting (both text and table design).

Now, it is pasting as a table but without any text formatting or table design. I am losing all the formatting when I:

  • copy from Excel Web in Chrome to Outlook Desktop
  • copy from Excel Web in Edge to Outlook Desktop
  • copy from Excel Web in Chrome to Outlook Web in Chrome
  • copy from Excel Web in Chrome to Excel Web in Edge (or the reverse)

The only instance when it retains the formatting is when I am copying from Excel Web to Excel Web in the same browser (either Chrome or Edge).

*Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office/Excel/Unknown/Windows*

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T18:11:06+00:00

    Having the same issue.... Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T10:28:57+00:00

    Still having some issues.

    Seems that when i paste a table i am getting the table formatting working correctly again however it is not pulling through colours etc.

    Tried clearing the cookies and reloading as per the above proposed solutions.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-10T12:19:54+00:00

    Looks like either the fix hasn't propagated to all servers, or the issue was only affecting some of the Office servers, but it returned for someone in our group this morning.

    Thankfully clearing cookies and reloading the sheet fixed it, so if you're still having the same issue that seems to be a quick fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-07T16:36:19+00:00

    Same here. Copying from Excel via SharePoint and Pasting to Outlook on the web. Also tried to copy to Excel sheet on computer then copy and paste. Still lose formatting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-07T14:56:11+00:00

    It's working like normal as of this morning. Just tested it out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments