Migration Tool for Importing Evernote into OneNote

Anonymous
2023-11-29T11:36:17+00:00

Good morning, Microsoft Support Community Team!

 Is there a reputable free tool for migrating my Evernote notes to OneNote?  While I like the Microsoft suite of applications, I had stayed with Evernote due to the sheer volume of notes that I had built up there since 2014.  The free Evernote tier is not as capable nor as free anymore, which is Karma's way of telling me, "Yo, dude, it's time to take the long overdue plunge into OneNote."

 I should have made the migration to OneNote years ago since the [https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote](https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote "www.onenote.com") importer tool has gone 404.  

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

Server Error in '/' Application.


*The resource cannot be found.***Description:**HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL:/import-evernote-to-onenote).

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

 I am using a Surface Pro 9 running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 OS build	22621.2715 

 Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-11-29T12:39:34+00:00

Greetings! I am Ajibola, eager to assist you with confidence and assertiveness. I guarantee to provide you with exceptional support.

You can follow a step-by-step guide on how to migrate from Evernote to OneNote using Evernote2Onenote. The article explains how to export your Evernote data, install the correct version of OneNote, download and unzip the Evernote2Onenote tool, select your migration preferences, and check your imported notes in OneNote.

'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

https://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-from-Evernote-to-OneNote

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Kind regards.

Ajibola.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-12T16:57:21+00:00

    The Evernote2Onenote tool recommended above is buggy and unreliable, I've never got it to work, nor have many others. It seems insane Microsoft had a working tool, to encourage people to use their product, yet they pulled it for no apparent reason. I'll give Google Keep a go and see if that works any better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T22:38:03+00:00

    I couldn't get this to work at all. A notebook is imported to OneNote but it has no content at all.

    I followed all the advice (e.g. making sure I imported to the right version of OneNote etc). I have paid versions of both Evernote and OneNote, so any restrictions for basic or free versions shouldn't apply.

    I'm in a panic as I have to get everything moved across before 23/3/24 when Evernote closes down their legacy version of the app. Their newest version is not functional for me.

    Is there any other tool I can use?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T05:41:39+00:00

    I used batch from GEM - It worked well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T19:46:05+00:00

    I couldn't get this to work at all. A notebook is imported to OneNote but it has no content at all.

    I followed all the advice (e.g. making sure I imported to the right version of OneNote etc). I have paid versions of both Evernote and OneNote, so any restrictions for basic or free versions shouldn't apply.

    I'm in a panic as I have to get everything moved across before 23/3/24 when Evernote closes down their legacy version of the app. Their newest version is not functional for me.

    Is there any other tool I can use?

    I have to admit that I am at a loss to know what to tell you to do. I just know that https://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-from-Evernote-to-OneNote worked well for me at a free OneNote user.

    I have had success in recent months when a Microsoft advisor responded quickly to my questions with some helpful tips.

    Instead of responding to my post, you may want to post your own thread.

    Since you are paying for OneNote, then you should be able to reach out to Microsoft through the menu https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus#!.  You are (after all?) paying for Redmond to help.. I think?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments