Migration Tool for Importing Evernote into OneNote

Anonymous
2023-11-29T11:36:17+00:00

Good morning, Microsoft Support Community Team!

 Is there a reputable free tool for migrating my Evernote notes to OneNote?  While I like the Microsoft suite of applications, I had stayed with Evernote due to the sheer volume of notes that I had built up there since 2014.  The free Evernote tier is not as capable nor as free anymore, which is Karma's way of telling me, "Yo, dude, it's time to take the long overdue plunge into OneNote."

 I should have made the migration to OneNote years ago since the [https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote](https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote "www.onenote.com") importer tool has gone 404.  

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

Server Error in '/' Application.


*The resource cannot be found.***Description:**HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL:/import-evernote-to-onenote).

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

 I am using a Surface Pro 9 running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 OS build	22621.2715 

 Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-11-29T12:39:34+00:00

Greetings! I am Ajibola, eager to assist you with confidence and assertiveness. I guarantee to provide you with exceptional support.

You can follow a step-by-step guide on how to migrate from Evernote to OneNote using Evernote2Onenote. The article explains how to export your Evernote data, install the correct version of OneNote, download and unzip the Evernote2Onenote tool, select your migration preferences, and check your imported notes in OneNote.

'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

https://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-from-Evernote-to-OneNote

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Kind regards.

Ajibola.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T14:13:41+00:00

    Summary: I apologize for the confusion I caused. My criticimss above is not of the wikihow article which I never saw, but is of what appears to be the developer's site Evernote2Onenote - Stefans Tools (stefankueng.com) . Thanks @Great Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat for bringing this to my attention.

    I left out the link that I was criticizing, as I didn't want to publicize it. In so doing, I appeared to be criticizing the wikihow article- I never read it because I was just reading the discussion.  If I had followed the wikihow article , I a) could have avoided the  grief of working through the misleading website b) not caused this confusion. So how did that happen? Why did I not read the wikihow?

    Backstory - when I was trying to find a converter I read at least the first two pages but possibly not all of the third the third. However, I kept reading of problems. So I continued to do research elsewhere because the best direction wasn't clear to me. Finding no better ideas I decided to try evernote2onenote.

    I did NOT come back to this discussion at that time; rather, I remembered the name evernote2onenote and did a google search, ending up at the Evernote2Onenote - Stefans Tools (stefankueng.com) site, not the wikihow. That site, which was the first result from google, very much appears to be the developer's website as it is a link from the site in his name showing a bunch of his other tools. So I tried to follow the directions while avoid the problems, and  then came back here to tell people what I found.

    I will go back to try to make that clear in what I wrote.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T08:40:23+00:00

    Thanks for all the work that has gone into this discussion so far- very helpful.

    I apologize- I haven't read all of the above posts, so I may be repeating info.
    You MUST be in the desktop app, not signed in via the web.
    I have successfully installed and run a test on evernote2onenote. HOWEVER.

    The developer's site for downloading it has TWO nefarious aspects that I found (maybe there are more?). One is that the links that appear to be for downloading the evernote2onenote app actually downloads and installs a for pay service called DRIVER SUPPORT. Their instructions, if followed, also downloads a file called setup.exe which installs an app called PC App Store. Then once you reboot, you get a fake McAfee popup claiming bogus virus infections. If you try to uninstall PC App Store, their fake message is placed to cover (at least in my case) the approval to uninstall PC App Store. I had to kill PC App store using Task Manager to see and give the approval to remove.
    The only non problematic way I found to download evernote2onenote was to go to the developer's github location (it's in his instructions to install evernote2onenote), download the zip file, and then manually drag it out of the zip file. Yeah, I know that makes no sense, but when I chose extract I couldn't find where it was put.

    This is not a confidence builder.

    @nrpardee "I haven't read all of the above posts" - no disrespect, but this is your main issue. The other issue is that you followed a Google link to a page that you quite correctly describe as "nefarious", but which was not the developer's github page...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T16:14:37+00:00

    I probably wasn't as clear as I could be. You CT6PY apparently went directly to github to get evernote2onenote, following the link to wikihow as noted in the previous posts and I wish I had gone that route. However, as of now (7/11/24) a google search by me for evernote2onenote first returns the developer's information on installation and execution Evernote2Onenote - Stefans Tools (stefankueng.com). The second return points to github.
    If you need clarification, or the wikihow link goes away, the following may be helpful. Reading down through the first page (below), the instructions are to install .net framework, a large prominent download button for PC App store (also two other prominent download buttons at the side), and on the right is a download button which is labeled in fine print that it installs a browser extension pointing to doubleclick- I'm not sure what), Then a link to the desktop version of Onenote, then instructions for using. Then problem reporting, github source, and a download page for the application itself. Then below the text, another install for the PC app store, and at the very bottom, labelled Microsoft 64/32 Bit driver download which in context could imply the .net stuff to an unknowing person but is the Driver Support pay service.
    And the page changes. When you first enter the site the Driver Support link shows first, then is covered with a huge popup for ServiceDesk Plus (help desk software with a name very similar to Service Desk Manage, one of the big players).

    As I said, the app appears to work, for which I am grateful, but there are some potential pitfalls along the way.

    I hope this clarifies any confusion.

    Note: edited this on 7/20/24 after @great hairy nosed wombat pointed out more confusion I caused.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T10:21:29+00:00

    When I reviewed Evernote2Onenote-1.3.6.zip version 1.3.6 posted to https://github.com/stefankueng/EvImSync/releases on November 30, 2023), I see only Evernote2Onenote.exe, and only the application Evernote2Onenote launches. I am not seeing any of the crapware you mentioned, so I don't know what's going on there. Evernote2Onenote worked just fine for me.

    After being on OneNote successfully for over six months, I was able to recently permanently close my Evernote account since I did not need to get anything from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments