Migration Tool for Importing Evernote into OneNote

Anonymous
2023-11-29T11:36:17+00:00

Good morning, Microsoft Support Community Team!

 Is there a reputable free tool for migrating my Evernote notes to OneNote?  While I like the Microsoft suite of applications, I had stayed with Evernote due to the sheer volume of notes that I had built up there since 2014.  The free Evernote tier is not as capable nor as free anymore, which is Karma's way of telling me, "Yo, dude, it's time to take the long overdue plunge into OneNote."

 I should have made the migration to OneNote years ago since the [https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote](https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote "www.onenote.com") importer tool has gone 404.  

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

Server Error in '/' Application.


*The resource cannot be found.***Description:**HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL:/import-evernote-to-onenote).

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

 I am using a Surface Pro 9 running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 OS build	22621.2715 

 Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-11-29T12:39:34+00:00

Greetings! I am Ajibola, eager to assist you with confidence and assertiveness. I guarantee to provide you with exceptional support.

You can follow a step-by-step guide on how to migrate from Evernote to OneNote using Evernote2Onenote. The article explains how to export your Evernote data, install the correct version of OneNote, download and unzip the Evernote2Onenote tool, select your migration preferences, and check your imported notes in OneNote.

'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

https://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-from-Evernote-to-OneNote

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Kind regards.

Ajibola.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T17:35:02+00:00

    Try sending to one note in IOS or Windows using your MAC ID info to make a temporary link to one note for MAC. This could move the data into the right format. Once one note finishes the job by transferring the data to your MAC, you could delete the stepping stone copy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T14:43:24+00:00

    Thank you so much - it worked great!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T17:36:50+00:00

    Interesting since I didn't have to upgrade to MS 365 personal in order to do the migration 🤷‍♂️.

    So far, my only gripe with OneNote is that the app is really laggy on my iPhone 13 when I'm out on Verizon's 5G network. It is less laggy at home on WiFi. I have to type slowly since the app is taking its time to fill in the text I just typed. Sometimes the cursor sporadically jumps around a bit. The OneNote responsiveness has been fine on the Surface Pro 9 on home Wifi (I haven't tried it yet off of WiFi).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments