I'm getting the error message "stock images service failed, please try again" when trying to insert a stock image.

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:22:28+00:00

This is similar with 3-D models. I've already tried doing an online repair, re-installing, ensuring all privacy boxes to download online content are ticked. Can anyone assist with how this can be fixed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-20T13:58:21+00:00

Hi everyone, a Microsoft Engineer has been in touch. The issue was a default internet setting that was checked preventing me accessing stock images.

Solution:

  1. Open "internet properties" in the start menu.
  2. navigate to the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Security".
  3. uncheck the box "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

That worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jay

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T14:45:44+00:00

    With images.

    Like I stated previously, for two weeks they are trying to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T14:59:35+00:00

    Hello, Today I looked in Word and tried to insert an image (from Stock and Online) and suddenly it worked. I haven't changed any settings and nothing else has changed on the laptop. Strange, but fortunately it works. Has Microsoft set anything up in the background?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments