I'm getting the error message "stock images service failed, please try again" when trying to insert a stock image.

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:22:28+00:00

This is similar with 3-D models. I've already tried doing an online repair, re-installing, ensuring all privacy boxes to download online content are ticked. Can anyone assist with how this can be fixed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-20T13:58:21+00:00

Hi everyone, a Microsoft Engineer has been in touch. The issue was a default internet setting that was checked preventing me accessing stock images.

Solution:

  1. Open "internet properties" in the start menu.
  2. navigate to the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Security".
  3. uncheck the box "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

That worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jay

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-20T15:37:34+00:00

    Brilliant! I've noticed that other folks have picked up on this and passed it along. Thanks for posting it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-20T15:36:12+00:00

    Juhn Jac,

    This problem has been reported here MANY times. It's a problem at Microsoft's end. It's NOT something individual users can fix, so please STOP suggesting all of these troubleshooting steps to them for this particular problem. It just wastes their time.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-20T14:25:37+00:00

    Hi Jaydur.

    Many thanks, this has worked for me too!

    Thought that Internet Options were irrelevant now.

    Regards

    Craig

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-20T11:41:27+00:00

    I have had the same issue as well. I imagine it has something to do with cutting over to SharePoint Online and using M365 but I honestly have no idea. It was working great until the past ten days or so. Same timeframe everyone else here is experiencing. I've been trying to fancy up my PPTs for presentations for about two weeks now and keep getting the error. I work for the fed gov't so I am unable to run the app repair. Powerpoint and MS Office apps are not in the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments