I'm getting the error message "stock images service failed, please try again" when trying to insert a stock image.

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:22:28+00:00

This is similar with 3-D models. I've already tried doing an online repair, re-installing, ensuring all privacy boxes to download online content are ticked. Can anyone assist with how this can be fixed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-20T13:58:21+00:00

Hi everyone, a Microsoft Engineer has been in touch. The issue was a default internet setting that was checked preventing me accessing stock images.

Solution:

  1. Open "internet properties" in the start menu.
  2. navigate to the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Security".
  3. uncheck the box "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

That worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jay

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T12:53:35+00:00

    Permissions, probably Group Policy preventing access.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T12:44:58+00:00

    I have internet options, but there are only two tabs: "general" and "content"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T12:35:26+00:00

    Which O/S are you running?

    For Windows 10/11 left click on the start button and type internet then select Internet Options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T11:37:22+00:00

    I don't have those options in control panel. For over two weeks IT in the company I work for is trying to find a solution.

    They've send me this method, but unfortunately it's impossible on my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments