I'm getting the error message "stock images service failed, please try again" when trying to insert a stock image.

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:22:28+00:00

This is similar with 3-D models. I've already tried doing an online repair, re-installing, ensuring all privacy boxes to download online content are ticked. Can anyone assist with how this can be fixed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-20T13:58:21+00:00

Hi everyone, a Microsoft Engineer has been in touch. The issue was a default internet setting that was checked preventing me accessing stock images.

Solution:

  1. Open "internet properties" in the start menu.
  2. navigate to the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Security".
  3. uncheck the box "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

That worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jay

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-15T16:41:04+00:00

    Thanks! I've done the same and contacted some of the PPT devs that I know about the issue.

    And pointed out that it's getting worse with every passing week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-15T08:37:09+00:00

    Cheers, raised feedback and also called the helpline who are looking into it apparently. I'll post here if/when I hear back and if they've resolved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-15T08:35:10+00:00
    1. What is the version and edition of your PowerPoint app? Go to File > Account > Product info (ex. Microsoft 365 for Business). A: Version 2303 (Build 16227.20280)
    2. When did the issue start? A: I recently renewed the licence about a month ago. Hasn't worked since.
    3. Is this happening to a new blank presentation? A: Yes - and existing templates. I can download stock images online, but not through the app. 3D images are only available via the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-13T18:58:21+00:00

    The problem is almost certainly at the MS server end, and not something you can do anything to correct.

    All you can do is wait until they sort things out. But PLEASE ... if you're able, use Help | Send Feedback to report that you're having this problem. It's getting to be ALL too common and we need to make sure they're aware of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments