I'm getting the error message "stock images service failed, please try again" when trying to insert a stock image.

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:22:28+00:00

This is similar with 3-D models. I've already tried doing an online repair, re-installing, ensuring all privacy boxes to download online content are ticked. Can anyone assist with how this can be fixed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-20T13:58:21+00:00

Hi everyone, a Microsoft Engineer has been in touch. The issue was a default internet setting that was checked preventing me accessing stock images.

Solution:

  1. Open "internet properties" in the start menu.
  2. navigate to the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Security".
  3. uncheck the box "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

That worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jay

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-20T14:25:37+00:00

    Hi Jaydur.

    Many thanks, this has worked for me too!

    Thought that Internet Options were irrelevant now.

    Regards

    Craig

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-20T11:41:27+00:00

    I have had the same issue as well. I imagine it has something to do with cutting over to SharePoint Online and using M365 but I honestly have no idea. It was working great until the past ten days or so. Same timeframe everyone else here is experiencing. I've been trying to fancy up my PPTs for presentations for about two weeks now and keep getting the error. I work for the fed gov't so I am unable to run the app repair. Powerpoint and MS Office apps are not in the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-18T21:52:13+00:00

    Microsoft 365 personal

    Image

    Hi JayDur

    Thank you for your reply!

    Please perform a quick repair of your Office apps, restart your computer once done.

    Click here: Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support

    We look forward to your reply.

    Sincerely

    Juhn Jac

    Microsoft Forum Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-18T19:06:48+00:00

    Microsoft 365 personal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments