I'm getting the error message "stock images service failed, please try again" when trying to insert a stock image.

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:22:28+00:00

This is similar with 3-D models. I've already tried doing an online repair, re-installing, ensuring all privacy boxes to download online content are ticked. Can anyone assist with how this can be fixed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-20T13:58:21+00:00

Hi everyone, a Microsoft Engineer has been in touch. The issue was a default internet setting that was checked preventing me accessing stock images.

Solution:

  1. Open "internet properties" in the start menu.
  2. navigate to the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Security".
  3. uncheck the box "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

That worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jay

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T21:38:54+00:00
    1. What is the version and edition of your PowerPoint app? Go to File > Account > Product info (ex. Microsoft 365 for Business). A: Version 2303 (Build 16227.20280)
    2. When did the issue start? A: I recently renewed the licence about a month ago. Hasn't worked since.
    3. Is this happening to a new blank presentation? A: Yes - and existing templates. I can download stock images online, but not through the app. 3D images are only available via the app.

    Hi JayDur

    Thank you for your reply!

    Can you please provide us the exact edition of your PowerPoint app? See sample photo below.

    We look forward to your reply.

    Sincerely

    Juhn Jac

    Microsoft Forum Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T07:09:46+00:00

    Hi Steve.

    Thanks for following up on this one, I have the same issue with all M365 applications btw

    Regards

    Craig

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-15T08:37:09+00:00

    Cheers, raised feedback and also called the helpline who are looking into it apparently. I'll post here if/when I hear back and if they've resolved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-15T08:35:10+00:00
    1. What is the version and edition of your PowerPoint app? Go to File > Account > Product info (ex. Microsoft 365 for Business). A: Version 2303 (Build 16227.20280)
    2. When did the issue start? A: I recently renewed the licence about a month ago. Hasn't worked since.
    3. Is this happening to a new blank presentation? A: Yes - and existing templates. I can download stock images online, but not through the app. 3D images are only available via the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments