How can I fix a sharepoint excel file that opens in gibberish to normal text?

Anonymous
2023-01-17T12:59:35+00:00

We are using shared reports from a sharepoint having the convenience of accessing these reports via browser. But a few days ago, certain users are having problems with these reports, because when they access them, they see gibberish rather than normal text. This does not happen when its opened on the desktop app, only when its opened on the browser.

How can I fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T17:50:41+00:00

    Thank you for sharing workaround.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T19:20:27+00:00

    Is there an update on this? I have a report from a user as well that they're also experiencing this. It is odd that it isn't organization wide.

    It may depend on who in your organization did the update with the "service related" cause. Others may not have had the update as of yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-05T15:50:55+00:00

    I have this happening on multiple files. I need an immediate fix. the suggestions have not worked and in some cases made it worse.

    I cannot open it in the Desk Top app due to it being collaborative work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T15:55:50+00:00

    Same issue here, seems to be becoming more prevalent. We're working around it with the local app for now but it is annoying my users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T23:21:26+00:00

    I just ran across this issue with the Arial font. Switching to Arial Black fixed the issue. Looks like it might be a corrupt font.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments