How can I fix a sharepoint excel file that opens in gibberish to normal text?

Anonymous
2023-01-17T12:59:35+00:00

We are using shared reports from a sharepoint having the convenience of accessing these reports via browser. But a few days ago, certain users are having problems with these reports, because when they access them, they see gibberish rather than normal text. This does not happen when its opened on the desktop app, only when its opened on the browser.

How can I fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T18:03:08+00:00

    It seems service incident related. It will be resolved soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T09:52:09+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm seeing this intermittently in my org as well.

    Do we have a fix yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T09:59:19+00:00

    Related team is working on it. Just wait or you can raise a support ticket.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T16:40:00+00:00

    Do you have any more info on this? I have a couple users at a client having a similar issue with one of their shared documents. They also get a warning that uploads are blocked when opening it in the Excel desktop app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T20:14:47+00:00

    I would like to add my name to the list of admins experiencing this issue with users.

    Selecting all text and changing the font does work but this is not a fix because the purpose of the web/outlook view is for it to be a quick glance. If you're going to go through all that then you may as well just open it in the full excel program which I have not seen this issue replicated in.

    Based on the timing could this have been caused by an update around the 18th as that's when I also received reports of this happening with my users as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments